Board of Directors
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
There are 9 volunteer members who meet on the 2nd Thursday of each month. Four are officers of the corporation. Board members serve a 3-year term, with no more than two consecutive terms. All members have equal votes with the exception of the President, who only votes in the event of a tie.
- Provides effective and motivating direction of the EMS programs and fire department activities through formulation of the goals and policies of the organization.
- Ensures appropriate selection, supervision, and professional development of organization staff.
- Effectively manages financial and operational performance according to approved plan and budget.
- Communicates effectively with the staff through listening, embracing diverse opinions, and providing appropriate recommendations for approval and action.
- Works to build harmony, focus, and alignment within the organization’s membership and develops external coalitions.
- Models ethical behavior, trust and confidence from members, colleagues, and staff.
- Serves as effective organization spokespersons to various organizations, government bodies, and the general public.